For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.


When you take part in an exchange programme, the guest university usually arranges accommodation for you or they will inform you about where to arrange accommodation. For students who independently arrange their study, internship or research abroad, you will have to arrange accommodation yourself.

Make sure to enquire about the possibilities at the relevant organisation where you will participate in study, research or internship. If they cannot help you, the website of the Nuffic will offer practical advice.

Sublet your room?

If you want to rent out your room during your semester abroad, you can use the housing platform HousingAnywhere. This way you can earn some extra money for your exchange. This website is free to use and it operates on a student-to-student basis. Feel free to use this webpage as well to rent out your room during summer period. Housing Anywhere is a free service if you make use of your UvA email address. Please check with your landlord if subletting your room is an option.

You can also sublet your room through ASVA student union.