How should you go about it?
- What type of organisation/work appeals to you most? Consider, for example,
NGOs, research institutes, governments, commercial companies etc.
- Which country and language do you prefer?
- Which subjects or themes within your study programme appeal to you?
To get a better idea of what you are looking for, you can consult your work
placement coordinator/office, a staff member at the international office of your
study programme and the careers advisers at the UvA Student Careers Centre.
For concrete opportunities for internships abroad, you can search via:
- The work placement coordinator or the international office of your study programme;
- National or international organisations, EU institutions, NGOs;
- Nuffic > Stage (in Dutch);
- YOIOO (yearbook of international organisations online);
- Dutch Scientific Institutes Abroad: in St. Petersburg, Athens, Cairo, Florence, Rome, Ankara and Rabat;
- International institutes in the Netherlands, for example Fullbright, Maison Descartes, British Council, Embassies;
- Career centres of foreign universities. See the countries pages on the Nuffic website for this (in Dutch). In the so-called country modules, you will find links to educational institutions per country;
- The alumni network of the UvA. Here you will find the UvA alumni chapters abroad. You can also contact the UvA Alumni Association (AUV) yourself;
- The JOEPLUS website. On this site, you can find internships all over Europe posted by members (over 100 universities and academies in 32 countries) of the EU network LEONET at the request of organisations;
- Your own network.
Found an internship?
Have you found an interesting internship vacancy? You should apply for it in that case. For tips on your application letter and CV, and for tips on how to conduct a job interview, plus much more handy info, go to www.career.uva.nl.
The internship procedure consists of
- writing an internship plan;
- finding a supervisor;
- possible contact with the Examinations Board;
- having the internship agreement signed;
- writing an internship report;
- receiving an internship evaluation of the organisation.
For more specific study programme information, please see the Faculty opportunities in the left menu.