Important information regarding exchanges in 2021-2022
Visit the Corona FAQ webpage for more information on the consequences of the corona pandemic on your exchange .
QTEM exchange programme
For ambitious students with a quantitative orientation, the selective QTEM exchange programme is a great opportunity.
The QTEM programme consists of:
- an exchange at one of the universities of the QTEM network
- the Global Business Analytics Challenge
- a quantitative internship
You can decide yourself in which order you would like to do these components of the programme.
You will have the opportunity to study abroad at one of the prestigious QTEM host universities where you will take quantitative courses.
- Covers a period of minimum 240 hours full-time equivalent.
- The timing is at the discretion of each QTEM Participant, however, the internship must contain at least two consecutive weeks. Can be done before or after the exchange.
- Can be done at home or abroad
- Must be related to a quantitative topic and have a significant analytical content
- Each academic institution has connections with corporate partners that are part of the QTEM network. QTEM students will get exclusive access to these corporate partners (although placement is not guaranteed).
Global Business Analytics Challenge (GBAC)
All QTEM students should successfully complete the GBAC, which consists of:
- Online trainings: Data Science and Online Leadership
- QTEM Data Challenge (QDC)
The work load is approximately 150 hours.
The University of Amsterdam is a founding member of the expanding network Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management (QTEM). The QTEM network currently consists of more than 20 top business schools across the world. QTEM brings together outstanding students, academic institutions and top international corporations.
Please find more information about QTEM via the links below.
Please note that the requirements mentioned on the QTEM website are general requirements. The specific requirements for Economics & Business students (UvA) are mentioned on these pages.