For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.

Master Abroad

Are you thinking about enrolling for a full Master’s Programme abroad? On this page you can read about how to choose and prepare.

Freemover: start on time

  1. You’ll have to organise a full Master’s Programme abroad yourself. As a freemover you have to deregister (terminate your enrolment) at the UvA, and enrol at the foreign university.
  2. All other practical matters have to be arranged by yourself. As freemover you are solely enrolled at the university abroad and follow a complete programme to obtain a degree.
  3. Although you need to arrange a Full Master Abroad yourself, counsellors at the University of Amsterdam are glad to advise you during this process.
  4. Read the Guidelines Master’s Programme Abroad to know what you are expected to do for orientation, selection and organisation.

Need help?

After reading the guidelines, do you have questions about how to choose a Master’s Programme abroad? Contact Student Services for advice and guidance:

  • With Student counsellors you can discuss practical questions about grants, scholarships and other financial matters.
  • International Student Affairs (BIS) will offer general information about studying abroad and application processes at other universities. They can also inform you about opportunities with UvA partner universities and in the international network of the UvA .
  • The career counsellors at the Student Careers Centre will guide you with orientation and an overview of your options.
    • During a consult, you’ll gain more insight into your own situation and find answers to your questions. With them you can discuss whether obtaining a degree abroad will suit you best, and check the added value of a Full Master Abroad in relation to your career.