- You have obtained at least 120 ECTS at the start of your exchange.
- 2 exceptions: Students at Amsterdam University College (AUC) should have obtained at least 120 ECTS for an Autumn/semester 1 exchange, or 90 ECTS for a Spring/semester 2 exchange, prior to departure. And students at the Faculty of Economics and Business should have obtained at least 90 ECTS prior to departure.
- Master’s students from the Faculty of Law cannot apply for the Global Exchange Programme.
- You are registered at the UvA as a full-time student by the time your exchange begins. Students participating in the pilot Flexible Learning are excluded from the Global Exchange Programme.
- You have obtained official approval from your faculty, by means of an Academic Approval.
- You meet additional conditions set by the host university, such as a required grade point average, access to the required level or access to a faculty specific destination. You can find these conditions per destination in the digital world map.
Also check our FAQ for further explanation.
To apply, you must submit a completed online application via the digital world map. A complete file consists of:
- Completed online application (including the filled in reflective questions)
- Upload of a signed ‘Academic Approval Form’ (AAF)
With the Academic Approval Form (AAF) you obtain permission from your faculty/UvA study programme to apply for the Global Exchange Programme. Without this signed form, your application will not be processed. By means of the AAF your faculty declares that you have obtained sufficient credits to apply. For further information, see the explanation on the AAF.
You can find more information about the placement procedure on the webpage Placement.
overview listed by theme, with a short explanation per activity, so you can determine what is most valueble for you.
Have you read all the information and do you still have questions? Please read our FAQ or contact the Office of International Student Affairs.