Students pursuing a Master's degree
The Amsterdam Law School yearly offers 20 Master’s students the possibility to spend one semester abroad. Strict conditions must be met by students interested in this opportunity.
Conditions exchange master's students (1 year)
- Faculty exchange is open to Dutch and international Master’s students;
- Places in the Global Exchange Programme are not available to Master's students in law;
- You may not be enrolled in more than one Master’s programme;
- International students may not apply for exchange opportunities in their country of origin;
- Up to twenty students can be selected for a Master’s exchange programme. If more than twenty students apply, a selection on the basis of grade point average will take place;
- The selection of bachelor students precedes the selection of master's students;
- You must fulfil all requirements of the partner university concerning language and grade point average; Law schools in the United States require a GPA ≥ 7,5 (Brooklyn Law School and Tulane law School require GPA ≥ 7).
If you apply for a law school in Europe (Erasmus) a GPA ≥ 6 is required.
- You must have obtained 48 EC by 15 June 2021 (if starting the Master’s programme on 1 September 2020). If you have not obtained 48 EC by that date, the exchange opportunity will be withdrawn;
- In case of withdrawal of the exchange opportunity, any preparations and expenses made by the student are non-refundable and for risk of the student;
- The student agrees to apply for his/her diploma within the academic year in which he/she returns from the exchange.
- The combined length of your LLM programme and semester exchange may not exceed two years.