English test IELTS
The UvA offers a reimbursement to UvA students who have done the IELTS test. For this reimbursement, a number of conditions apply.
On this page:
The following students are eligible for the reimbursement:
- Full-time Bachelor's students in their 3rd year or higher
- Full-time pre-Master's student students
- Full-time UvA students who have been selected for an exchange programme
- Full-time Master's students
If you are in the target group you can receive a part (€ 175) of the costs, the following conditions apply:
- You are part of the target group
- You have passed the test (on an average of 6.5 or higher)
- The test date is after 1 April 2018 (this is stated on your certificate)
Please note: there is a maximum of reimbursements that the UvA is able to offer. After submitting your request, you will be notified whether you will receive the reimbursement. As soon as the maximum number of reimbursements has been reached, this will be communicated on this website, perhaps with a small delay.
How does it work
- You need to register yourself at the British Language Training Centre (BLTC) and you need to do the test first.
- Once you have received your certificate, you need to fill in the form. (This form will be online from 1 April 2018).
- You will receive an answer within a week about whether you are entitled to the reimbursement.
- The payment of € 175 will be done within 6 weeks.
Proficiency Academic English
The reimbursement for UvA students is an initiative of the UvA Executive Board and the UvA Central Student Council. The UvA considers it of great importance that students have an excellent command of Academic English.
The British Council offers online practice resources, follow the link below.
Contact the Student Service Desk.
The IELTS - International English Language Testing System - provides a detailed assessment of the following English language skills: