Your career starts here
The career advisers at the UvA Student Careers Centre can help you with information, workshops and individual vocational counselling to find out what you want, get insight into your capabilities and competences, make choices and improve your application skills in order to achieve your goals.
With an increasing number of international students each year, the UvA can truly call itself an international university. UvA graduates from all over the world find their way to interesting careers, whether in the Netherlands or abroad. The Student Careers Centre is specialised in advising international (non-Dutch) UvA graduates about job seeking in the international labour market.
Services for students
We can help you with:
- labour market information (in the Netherlands and abroad)
- application skills
- seeking a career path
- information about PhD positions
- gaining insight into personal qualities, interests and competences
- information about Master's programmes
- looking for internships
Note: The Student Careers Centre does NOT provide employment or recruitment services, nor does it act as an intermediary on the job market.
Services for students include:
- a detailed website - get the information you're looking for
- career information sessions - let the Career Advisers inform you about finding work in the Netherlands after graduation
- career workshops - learn and practice job-seeking skills
- drop-in office hours - get answers to short questions and feedback on your cover letter and CV
- vocational counselling - an individual appointment to find out what your skills and future goals are
Enrolled students can use our services free of charge during their studies and up to one year after graduation.
For more information, please please refer to the information in the left-hand menu or the contact information for Student Services departments.